YouTube has a policy of closing the accounts of any groups or individuals that foment "hate speech." Apparently this does not include Jihadi videos expressing murderous hatred for America and Israel. Their terms of service apparently do include banning videos from groups which attempt to publicize Palestinian hate speech.
Palestinian Media Watch has been following PA TV and other official Palestinian Authority outlets for quite some time. To the surprise of those who only watch the MSM, Palestinian Media outlets (both from Fatah and from Hamas) are filled with the most virulent anti-Semitism and Jew hatred, with a soupçon of America hatred. PalWatch has done an exemplary job publicizing these ongoing outrages, but unfortunately Palwatch has now been banned from YouTube. The Elder has a summary of the current status:
More details on 22 Comments and 28 Reactions from Itamar Marcus of PMW:
1. "Hamas TV teaches kids to kill Jews" formerly at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwN2M6ZIIRU
2. "Jews are a virus like Aids" formerly at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYaGl3KjPUw
3. "Farewell video before suicide attack of Hamas suicide bomber Adham Ahmad Hujyla Abu Jandal" formerly at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYdTudQhWM4
4. "Hamas suicide farewell video: Jews monkeys and pigs; Maidens reward for killing Jews" formerly at http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryc7RqXlVdE
5. "PA cleric: Kill Jews, Allah will make Muslims masters over Jews" formerly at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjuDTO8fgqM
Please see http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines
6. "Hamas suicide terrorist farewell video: Palestinians drink the blood of Jews" formerly at http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSftYIGH6-w
Each of these YouTube posting consisted of videos posted by Palestinian Media (including official PA Television, which is funded by the EU!) celebrating the murder of Jews and the desire for the genocide of Jews. Hate speech has become an Orwellian term, devoid of any rational meaning and subverted as a weapon used primarily against liberal democrats. As has become a habit for the censors who profess to enforce respect for all by banning hate speech, the use of the actual words of Islamists is considered hate speech when reported by defenders of infidels and dhimmis. YouTube's censorship of dhimmis is the modern face of dhimmitude and can be understood as a rational response to current threats. Americans and Jews will not threaten to kill the people who run YouTube; Muslim radicals will. I suppose it is perfectly reasonable to weigh beheading versus an angry e-mail and consider the angry e-mail an acceptable cost of doing business.
Please go to Elder's site for contact information for YouTube and protest this travesty. We are surrendering by inches to the most illiberal, indeed totalitarian and fascistic, movement on the planet today.